About Shafer Companies
OVER 40 YEARS IN BUSINESS
What started in 1982 as one ready-mix plant in our hometown of Albion, Michigan has now become five computerized plants throughout southern Michigan.
- Albion, Michigan
- Jackson, Michigan
- Mason, Michigan
- Battle Creek, Michigan
- St. Johns, Michigan
- On-site portable plants to service any area
These fully automated plants are monitored and dispatched from our central dispatch to ensure accurate mixture, consistency and quality. We are absolutely committed to delivering unparalleled Quality and Service across the tri-state area.
- Residential and Commercial Mix Designs
- Colored Concrete
- Pervious Concrete
- Flow Fill
HIGHEST QUALITY PRODUCT
Shafer leads Michigan and the Midwest concrete industry in modernization and integrating technology into base processes. Our plants have TQM management structure-committed to providing the highest levels of quality and service in the industry.
- High speed fiber optic connection between all our plant locations
- Utilize Command Series software for batching, quality control, dispatching and truck management
- Alphanumeric communication with trucks
- GPS location detection on all vehicles
- On-time rate: 99% +- utilizing technology
As an industry leader, we employ sales staff and dispatchers who are well-trained, knowledgeable and ACI certified. The Shafer team includes: a full-time quality control department, five Level II certified employees through the Michigan Concrete Association (MCA) and American Concrete Institute (ACI), six Level I certified employees through the MCA and ACI.