General Labor Yard Crew – Mason, Michigan
General Labor · Mason, Michigan
Shafer Bros is looking for a full-time hard-working, enthusiastic, and reliable yardman to help maintain our Mason plant.
Our yardmen keep grounds and operations of plant location in neat and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
-Maintains aggregate stockpile area.
-Conducts scheduled maintenance program on plant equipment.
-Maintains communication with Dispatch regarding needs or problems relating to plant.
-Operates front-end loader.
-Other Duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to climb excessive heights. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a clean/valid Driver’s License
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Comprehensive Benefits including Health, Life, Accident, Hospital, Short-Term Disability and more.
-Simple IRA w/Employer Match
-Paid Holidays & Vacation
QC Tech – Mason, Michigan
Quality Control · Mason, Michigan
Purpose of Position:
- Under the direction of the QC Manager, the QC Technician is responsible for performing QA/QC testing in compliance with all applicable ASTM, ACI, & Job Specific Standards and other associated tasks by direction
- Working in safe professional manner
- Communication skills
- Performing proper plastic concrete testing at the plants and on jobsites in accordance with all applicable standards
- Ensure all materials meet or exceed all applicable state and job specifications
- Reporting: Ensure that all appropriate reports are properly filled out and recorded into the Command QC data base
- Monitor and test aggregate conditions for compliance with applicable standards at the plant level
- Properly logging in, breaking and recording results of concrete cylinders
- Acknowledge customer complaints/claims and take appropriate actions to resolve matter with reduction in liability whenever possible
- Attend pre-pour and other jobsite meetings as required
- Participate in Research and Development of new products
- Conduct and assist as needed with employee and customer training programs
- Participate in cross training of all departments at Shafer Redi-Mix / Shafer Bros
- Other related duties as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of and dedication to quality assurance / quality control principles and standards
- Completion of MCA/ACI Field Technician Level 1 or higher
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through without direction and constant supervision
- Operational knowledge of batch plants, mixers and related processes
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent Customer service ability
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft office
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Adaptability and flexibility to be able to adjust to continuous change
- Team player
- Work requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting (50 lb minimum) objects
- Must be able to start work early mornings and work long hours according to seasonal and market demands
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Hourly wage based on experience
- Company vehicle to drive during work hours
- Health Insurance options eligible at 30 days (Up to 85% employer paid with 3 options)
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at 30 days
- Holiday pay at 90 days
- 100% Company paid Accident, Disability and Critical Illness Insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacation after 1 year
- IRA with 3% employer match eligible after 1 year
- 100% employer paid Sam’s Club Membership
- Employee review after 30 working days